Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Cooling Time 2 hours
Total Time 2 hours 45 minutes
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Flaky sea salt, for serving
- Place 8 ounces chocolate, butter, and espresso powder in a small heatproof bowl set over (but not directly touching) a pot of simmering water; stir until smooth and melted. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, and vanilla to combine. Add melted chocolate mixture; whisk to combine. Fold in flour mixture and remaining 2 ounces chocolate; mix until just incorporated. Cover dough and chill until firm, at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Scoop rounded tablespoons of dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing 2-inches apart. Top each cookie with a pinch of flaky salt. Bake until tops are dry and cracked, about 10 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 85