Welcome! My name is Riley and I’m a recipe developer and food stylist living and working in New York City. I live in a studio apartment in Brooklyn, complete with a 5 by 5-foot kitchen. Here are some “fun” facts about me:
- I was born and raised in Dallas, Texas.
- As a kid, I grew up with a yard full of animals, including a rabbit named Chester and a rooster named Luke Skywalker.
- I’m a relapsing Diet Coke addict.
- Joan Cusack is my spirit guide.
- John Cusack is my childhood crush.
- If I was forced to choose my favorite movie, I wouldn’t. I would instead call it a tie between The Silence of the Lambs and Romy & Michele’s High School Reunion. Ya know, because a girl’s gotta have options.
- I’m allergic to avocados, which makes being a millennial very inconvenient.
- I enjoy reading, bike rides, messy BBQ platters, and hanging out with my dog, Lump.
This is the aforementioned Lump (the artist formerly known as Lila.) My sadistic brother gave her that nickname because, well, she’s a little lumpy. She is 14 years and 11 pounds of unconditional love. I adopted her in high school and she’s been with me ever since, making the journey from suburban Dallas to the walk-up buildings of NYC.
This blog is my mini escape from work, where I get to cook exactly what I want. I also enjoy writing and learning more about photography, so those two aspects of blogging are the icing on top of the cake.